News & Articles
Internationalisation Fund available for businesses in England
The Department for International Trade is offering match-funded grants of between £1,000 and £9,000 (subject to eligibility and availability).
To secure a grant, you'll need to fund a proportion of your costs yourself. This varies according to where your business is based and will be either 40 or 50% of the total cost.
The Fund is currently available throughout England. Applications for businesses in London have now closed.
The fund can be used to support areas including (but not exclusively limited to):
- Market research
- IP (intellectual property) advice
- Translation services
- International social media/SEO
- Trade fairs (where no TAP funding is available)
- Independent market visits
- Consultancy and other international commercial services
- The company must be based in England.
- The company must be a small or medium sized enterprise (SME) with up to 250 employees.
- Annual turnover does not exceed €50 million or annual balance sheet does not exceed €43 million.
- Have no more than 25% of capital or voting rights owned by another company or companies if the collective total of the ownership group exceeds the threshold outlined above.
- Own no more than 25% of another company or companies if the collective total of the ownership group exceeds the threshold outlined above.
The fund is supported by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
Contact your local Trade Advisor for more information here