Jarapa source, manufacture and wholesale recycled homewares including recycled glassware, recycled cotton rugs, recycled glass lamp bases, ceramic tableware, Moroccan baskets, Moroccan ceramics. All recycled glassware is NOT the same; our glassware is all 100% recycled, the paints they are coloured with are organic plant based and our main glass supplier complies with all Kyoto protocol aspects, and International treaties that commit to reducing greenhouse gases. Beware cheap imitations! It's not just our products that are eco-friendly; as a business we try to be as environmentally friendly as possible throughout the supply chain. For example:
- we source products from the UK or EU to keep product miles low
- we import our products by train or sea where possible, keeping road vehicle miles to a minimum.
- None of our employees commutes more than 7.5 miles to Jarapa HQ
- we're making improvements to our warehouse to make it as "green" as possible including LED low energy lights which, in suitable areas, are triggered by motion sensors so they're only on when required.
- we re-use packaging materials which we collect from other local businesses, recycling packaging that would otherwise end in landfill. We estimate over 90% of our wholesale packaging material is recycled.
- where new packaging is needed we do our best to source the best environmental choice such as paper packing tape, 30% recycled pallet wrap and recyclable air pillows.
- where paperwork is required we use recycled paper.
- we use "Smol" eco friendly cleaning products - at work and at home!
- we use plastic free, biodegradeable tea bags and fair trade coffee
- in 2024 our environmental focus is working towards zero single use plastic in all aspects of our business, whilst encouraging our suppliers to do the same.