News & Articles
BRAND LICENSING EUROPE OPENS APPLICATIONS FOR ITS RETAIL MENTORING PROGRAMME
Retailers are being invited to apply for a delegate place on Brand Licensing Europe’s popular Retail Mentoring Programme (RMP).
The free-to-attend, CPD-accredited course is delivered through a series of seminars, workshops and 1-2-1 consultancy sessions between May and September 2022. It is now in its 12th year and boasts hundreds of alumni from the likes of Marks & Spencer, John Lewis, Selfridges, Halfords, Asda George, Ann Summers, River Island, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Toymaster, The Entertainer and Morrisons.
RMP delegates also benefit from:
- Insight from best-in-class retailers, agents and brand owners on how successful licensing partnerships are delivered across a range of categories from apparel to homeware
- Practical insights into building robust, timely and commercially viable licensing programmes
- Understanding critical legal, technical, financial and licensing terminology
- An invitation to join Licensing International's Licensing Essentials Course, an introduction to all of the key aspects of the licensing industry
- Licensor sessions where retail delegates spend a day with leading brands to better understand what goes into a successful licensing partnership
- Brand discovery sessions – find out who owns what brands and how to build relationships
- Visual merchandising workshops - learn how to make consumer products stand-out online and in-store
- Introductions to leading licensors and agents representing a huge range of the world’s most popular and well-known brands
- Invitations to networking and social events within the licensing industry
Anna Knight, VP of Licensing, Informa Markets, said: “In theory, brand licensing, and the opportunities it offers to retailers, is a really simple proposition. In reality, it can be quite a complex business to get under the skin of. Through the BLE RMP, we help European retailers to better understand our business and provide them with the information and introductions they need to successfully introduce or expand their store’s licensing programme.
“Licensing means retailers can introduce branded consumer products onto store shelves, attracting more customers and increasing margins. It also means retailers can consider turning their own brand into a license, allowing it to expand into different product categories and demographics; something which Ted Baker, for example, has achieved successfully with accessories and health and beauty.”
To take part, retailers are asked to sign up on the BLE website and fill out the form or contact Keith Pashley on email@example.com for more info.
The deadline for nomination is 22 April.
About Brand Licensing Europe
Launched in 1998, Brand Licensing Europe is the only pan-European annual event dedicated to licensing and brand extension. The London event features over 2,500 brands and more than 7,500 licensees, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and licensing agents. Brand Licensing Europe is a part of the Global Licensing Group at Informa Markets, the licensing industry's leading trade show organiser and media partner. Its mission is to provide licensing opportunities around the world by bringing brands and products together.
About Global Licensing Group
The Global Licensing Group at Informa Markets is the licensing industry’s leading tradeshow organizer and media partner. Its mission is to provide licensing opportunities around the world by bringing brands and products together. The following events and information products are produced for the licensing industry by the Global Licensing Group at Informa Markets: Licensing Expo, Brand Licensing Europe, Licensing Expo Japan, Licensing Expo Shanghai, The Licensing Leadership Summit, License Global magazine, License Global Daily E-News and The Licensing Mixtape podcast. Global Licensing Group events are sponsored by Licensing International.
About Licensing International
Licensing International is the leading trade organization for the global licensing industry. Licensing International’s mission is to foster the growth and expansion of licensing around the world, raise the level of professionalism for licensing practitioners, and create greater awareness of the benefits of licensing to the business community at large. Founded in 1985, Licensing International members in over 40 countries enjoy access to an array of benefits, including extensive educational programming and worldwide networking events. Visit LicensingInternational.org for more information and to utilize licensing’s definitive online resource.