News & Articles
LOCAL DESIGNER CHARLOTTE HUPFIELD CELEBRATED AT BCTF
Daventry ceramicist, Charlotte Hupfield, was recognised for the superb quality of her work at the British Craft Trade Fair (BCTF), which took place from April 8 – 10 at The Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate.
The show organisers held their annual awards ceremony on Monday April 9 after the show closed for the day, presenting talented local girl Charlotte with The Giftware Association Award for Excellence.
Charlotte graduated in 2008 with a BA (Hons) in Surface Decoration, and developed her business from her home studio. Her product range includes one-off stoneware vases and vessels, bowls, hanging decorations, tea light houses, coasters, clocks, and greetings cards, all inspired by the natural world and using real flowers that she hand picks from British hedgerows.
Pictured below Charlotte Hupfield: www.charlottehupfieldceramics.com
After winning the award, Charlotte said: "BCTF was my first ever trade show. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and am thrilled to have won an award. I still can't stop grinning!"
She joined more than 400 other designers at the popular trade exhibition, where thousands of retailers came to view the cream of British jewellers, artists, ceramicists, sculptors, greeting card designers and other artisan suppliers.
There was a fantastic community feel and buzz about the show, which welcomed visitors from all corners of the UK and Ireland. They came to source from the thousands of exclusively British designed and made new products which make BCTF such a unique special event in the exhibition calendar.
The full list of winners, highly commended and commended exhibitors includes:
- BCTF Award For Excellence, sponsored by PSM Ltd: Winner – Anderson Creations, Highly Commended – Albert And Alfred, Commended – Sarah Saunders Ceramics
- Best Newcomer Award, sponsored by Craftanddesignonline: Winner – Charlotte Wilkinson Glass, Highly Commended – Rouaida Jewellery
- Giftware Association Award For Excellence: Winner – Charlotte Hupfield Ceramics, Highly Commended – Ann Charlish Studio, Commended – Rachel Thornton
- Award For Excellence In Jewellery sponsored by the National Association Of Jewellers (NAJ): Winner – Ellen Monaghan, Highly Commended – Caroline Finlay
- Greetings Card Award sponsored by Greetings Today: Winner – Faye Stevens, Highly Commended – Rhombus And Pineapple, Commended – Artinker, The DM Collection, Catherine Kleeli Cards. Greetings Today editor, Tracey Bearton, gave her ‘Just Because’ award to Rhian Winslade Ceramics, which produced a lovely range of cards for the show.
- Wow Factor, sponsored by DesignGap/ArtGap and voted for by exhibitors: Joint winners – Joanna Coupland and Albert & Alfred.
BCTF organiser, Margeret Bunn said: “The 2018 show has had a great buzz and positive, upbeat atmosphere with many top-end buyers in attendance. This is our second year in the new hall, a wonderful, purpose built venue which provides the perfect environment for buyers to source new products. Feedback from both exhibitors and buyers has been overwhelmingly positive and we are delighted at how the show has been received, a good time has been had by all.”
The next edition of the British Craft Trade Fair will take place from April 7-9 2019, for more information visit the website: www.bctf.co.uk